We have a bread machine that we sometimes pull out and use. It will make a 2lb loaf, which is very large for a bread machine, so it can be cumbersome to set up and use. Since we’ve moved into our new house, it’s been in storage for a few months and then in a closet, so I got it out last night to make some simple white bread (our favorite BDV). Since most of the recipes are for a smaller loaf, I adapted this one to make a full-sized loaf.
- 10 oz warm water1
- 2 teaspoons yeast (1 packet)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups white flour
- Put hot water, yeast and sugar in your bread machine. Let it stand for 10-15 minutes depending on the temp of your water. The yeast will foam.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Use rapid or basic white cycles.
- For dry yeast, the water should be about 110°F. If it’s too hot, it will kill the yeast. [return]